Having the passion, desire, and determination is really a good start!
Having training, experience, and an existing ‘presence’ in the Industry helps….
Having family, friends and colleagues that believe in you, motivate & support, and feed you is a must!
Get the idea to start a Company
Tell close friends and family about your idea and judge their response
Decide to start a company in anyway!
Resign from your existing company and figure out how to register a company
….still trying to register a company, so rather pay an expert to register the company!
Company registered! Celebrate
- Decide to register a domain name, because working from ‘Gmail’ makes you look and feel like a fly-by-night…
- Find a Website Developer
- Have a colleague offer to design a logo for a stamp
- Oh dear! “MTE” .co.za, .com, .net, .org, .dot is all already taken!
- Have the colleague change the logo
- Oh dear! Any other relevant domain name is also already taken!….and www.maritimetrainingenterprise.co.za – that is available but simply too looooooooooooooong to spell over the phone…
- Have the colleague change the logo again
…before this revelation, there was the suggestion from a dear colleague to register the company as Yvette’s Maritime Crewing Agency aka ‘YMCA’
A novel idea I admit –
but not quite sure that was the brand I wanted to establish, or clientele to attract!
- So here we are, Maritime Training Enterprise with the registered domain as MikeTangoEcho and that sorts out the company colourscheme as well!
- ….so have the colleague change the logo againto add red
- Decide on a website theme
- Start marketing MTE’s services
- Work behind the scenes to develop and implement a quality management system
- Colleague presents MTE’s Founder with a stamp! Celebrate!
- Work behind the scenes to obtain the necessary to apply for MLC Seafarer Recruitment and Placement Licence
- Decide to completely change the website theme….and lose the red
- Colleague still talking to me. Celebrate!
- Change logo AGAIN into a more user-friendly, suitable format for website and printing of marketing material in future…
- Same website developer still on board. Celebrate!
- Change logo slightly
- Change logo again slightly
- Change logo back to previous slightly changed version…
- Logo FINALISED
- Family member still talking to me. Celebrate!
Exciting news on the progress of future business expansion opportunity!
- Research the art of Blogging
- Working on a business plan for the business expansion opportunity
- ….perhaps more blogging research and practice required!
After these 20 steps, the one most crucial element I have learnt to ensure success-
– Praying and believing along the way for a miracle is ‘priceless’ –